Lucas Cranach the Younger: Portrait of Princess Elisabeth of Saxony, 1564 © Staatliche Museen zu Berlin, Kupferstichkabinett / Jörg P. Anders
Sandro Botticelli: Dante and Vergil in the Eighth Circle of Hell (Inferno XVIII), after ca. 1480–1495 © Staatliche Museen zu Berlin, Kupferstichkabinett / Philipp Allard
Albrecht Dürer: Barbara Dürer, née Holper, 1514 © Staatliche Museen zu Berlin, Kupferstichkabinett / Jörg P. Anders
Ernst Ludwig Kirchner: Houses in Islen, with a view of the church in Frauenkirch, 1926 © Staatliche Museen zu Berlin, Kupferstichkabinett / Jörg P. Anders
The Graphische Gesellschaft zu Berlin was founded in December 1997 as the friends group of the Kupferstichkabinett (Museum of Prints and Drawings). The aim of the charitable organization is the long-term promotion of the Kupferstichkabinett and its work, primarily through the procurement and provision of funds for the purchase of artworks, but also through the support of exhibitions, events, and research work on parts of the museum’s collection.
Of the many significant acquisitions made by the Graphische Gesellschaft on behalf of the collection (and upon the recommendation of the Kupferstichkabinett’s director) are works by Franz Ackermann, Marcel van Eeden, Olafur Eliasson, Franz Gertsch, Damien Hirst, Arthur Köpcke, Julie Mehretu, Raymond Pettibon, Dieter Roth, Karin Sander, Thomas Schütte, Gert & Uwe Tobias, and Amelie von Wulffen. In 2003, the donation of more than 200 works on paper from the collectors Paul Maenz and Gerd de Vries (Berlin) was presented to the Kupferstichkabinett after being procured by the Graphische Gesellschaft.
Graphische Gesellschaft zu Berlin e.V.
Management: Dr. Dorothea Zwirner
Office: Tina Dähn
Phone: +49 30 266424211
Fax: +49 30 266424214