Staatliche Museen zu Berlin
Opening hours for reading room and open-shelf library
By appointment during these times: Monday to Friday from 9 am to 8 pm
Please note: During the festive season 2018/2019, the reading and study room will open as follows:
24.12.18 - 26.12.18: closed
27.12.18 - 28.12.18: 9 am to 5 pm
31.12.18 - 01.01.19: closed
From 02.01.2019 the reading and study room will open at the usual opening times.
To make an appointment and for library inquiries, please contact:
Tel.: 030 / 266425820
Collection policy decider: N.N.
Admin: Simone Wilde
Tel.: 030 / 266 42 5801
Visitor desk: Patrick-Raymond Aldéa
Scope and holdings
- Archaeological Library
- Collection areas: Egyptology, Near-Eastern archaeology and Oriental philology, classical archaeology, epigraphy, literature on prehistoric cultures of Europe and the ancient Near East up to the Middle Ages, papyrology, conservation and restoration, the archaeology of Sudan, and publications by the Staatliche Museen zu Berlin.
- Holdings statistics: approx. 150,000 volumes.
- Historical book collections: 6000 volumes.
- User Guidelines of the Kunstbibliothek.
- Reference library, largely open-shelf, by appointment/prior registration only, reading room with 24 desks, orders available at issue desk in 30 to 45 minutes.
- Rare books: Rare books and manuscripts are usually only available one day after ordering.
- Colour photocopier/scanner
- microfiche reader
- CD-ROM databases
- online databases
- photographic reproductions to order.