Verein der Freunde des Kunstgewerbemuseums – Julius-Lessing-Gesellschaft e. V.
The VFKG – Julius-Lessing-Gesellschaft has been committed to fundraising and promoting the goals of the museum for many years now. From educational projects and exhibitions to new acquisitions and publications – the Friends actively supports the diverse and excellent work undertaken by the Kunstgewerbemuseum in many different areas.
The Julius-Lessing-Gesellschaft bears the name of the first director of the museum and is dedicated to supporting the Kunstgewerbemuseum in the following ways:
- to expand the collection through the acquisition of artworks that are either donated or given to the museum on loan,
- to foster scientific and academic research projects in the area of the decorative arts,
- to support exhibitions, publications and other events that awaken and further interest in the Kunstgewerbemuseum,
- to help generate publicity and increase public awareness of the Kunstgewerbemuseum.
Members of the Friends receive numerous discounts and exclusive special offers:
At the Kunstgewerbemuseum:
- free admission to the permanent collection of the Kunstgewerbemuseum at the Staatliche Museen zu Berlin and to all temporary exhibitions held at the museum,
- invitations to all exhibition openings, lectures and other interesting events at the Kunstgewerbemuseum,
- free consultation services on privately owned antiquities.
At the Staatliche Museen zu Berlin:
- free admission to all museums and discounts for many temporary exhibitions.
Exclusive Annual Programme:
- monthly professional guided tour of museums, exhibitions, monuments or cultural events,
- one-day trip and one longer trip per year for interested members,
- invitation to the annual end-of-year gala dinner,
- invitation to the Friends’ annual general assembly where reports on the work of the museum and the association are presented and discussed.
All members are very welcome to contribute ideas and suggestions on how to further promote the Kunstgewerbemuseum.
Support the work of the VFKG – Julius-Lessing-Gesellschaft e. V. with an annual subscription. Two types of membership are available:
A minimum yearly donation of €525 (including membership fee),
A minimum yearly donation of €2.525 (including membership fee).
These donations are tax-deductible.
Applications and further details can be obtained from the Verein der Freunde des Kunstgewerbemuseums – Julius-Lessing-Gesellschaft e. V.
Verein der Freunde des Kunstgewerbemuseums
Julius-Lessing-Gesellschaft e. V.
Tel.: +49 (0)30 / 2664243 01
Fax: +49 (0)30 / 2664243 11
U-Bahn U2 (Potsdamer Platz)
S-Bahn S1, S2, S25 (Potsdamer Platz)
Bus M29 (Potsdamer Brücke); M41 (Potsdamer Platz Bhf / Voßstraße); M48, M85 (Kulturforum); 200 (Philharmonie)
Due to extensive renovation work, the Museum of Decorative Arts will remain closed from 2 January 2012.
Tel.: +49 (0)30 / 266424242 (Mon - Fri 9 am - 4 pm)
Fax: +49 (0)30 / 266422290
Tel.: +49 (0)30 / 266424336
Fax: +49 (0)30 / 266424311
Director: Dr. Sabine Thümmler
Deputy Director: Lothar Lambacher
Café and restaurant at the Kulturforum
Tel.: +49 (0)30 / 266428501
Mrs. Baron/ Mrs. Körzell
Tel.: +49 (0)30 / 26554921